Celebrate Pride Month with the L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC) – Event 1
Understanding 2SLGBTQIA+ communities – and how to create Allyship!
- Online workshop presented by Jeremy Dias and the International Day of Pink–the day for queer and trans celebration, advocacy & education (see attached poster and bio).
- Join us for an educational conversation on the lived experience of members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities. Attendees will learn the history behind Pride, and what they can do to support queer and trans folks in their community.
- Date: June 1 – 6:30-8:30 pm EDT – on Zoom
- Fee: Free event – donations will be collect to support the International Day of Pink (Learn more at: dayofpink.org)
- Please register here and the Zoom information will be provided.
Celebrate Pride Month with the L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC) – Event 2
Conservation Halton’s Pride in Nature
- Join the DISC members to celebrate the 2SLGBTQ+ community in Halton and surrounding area.
- Date: June 11 – 11 am to 8 pm – Area 8 (former Kelso Quarry), 5437 Steeles Ave W, Milton, ON L9T 2Y1
- To learn more and register: Pride in Nature — Conservation Halton.
- If you plan to join and would like to join us, send an email to Tyler, and we’ll keep you posted on our plans for the day.
Celebrate Pride Month with the L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC)! – Event 3
Social DISCourse – Don’t Say Gay – Join us as we talk about the impacts of the “Don’t say gay” law in Florida and its repercussions across the US.
Could this happen in Canada?