Physiology, behaviour, and conservation of the endangered redside dace
Presented by Dr. Andy Turko
Eastburn Postdoctoral Fellow, McMaster University
Join us for an engaging talk from the comforts of your own home! Socializing begins at 6:30 PM, the talk begins at 7 PM.
When: Wednesday, December 8th from 6:30 – 8 PM
RSVP: Please complete the RSVP form to receive the Zoom meeting link.
Cost: Pay what you want to support future student awards ($2 members, $4 non-members, or an amount of your choosing).
Contact: Rebecca Dalton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dear L-SETAC community:
We are nearly two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, and as we are all still trying to find our way through, L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC) invites you to highlight the International Day of Women and Girls in Science to discuss:
- Where are we now?
- How Does a Pandemic Change our Actions Towards Achieving Equity in Science?
Join us on Wednesday, February 9, from 6:30-9 pm, for a virtual mingling of minds. We hope this will give us the opportunity to share on the highs and lows of our respective pandemic, give each other support, and find creative ways on how to support each other in times of need.
When: Wednesday, February 9th, 2022 from 6:30 – 9 PM
RSVP: Please complete the RSVP form to receive the Zoom meeting link (check your junk folder or email the event contact if you don’t receive it).
Cost: Free (donations will be collected towards a charity selected by the DISC)
Contact: Rebecca Dalton (Rebecca.Dalton@ec.gc.ca)
Join us on Tuesday March 8, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, to discuss the movie This Changes Everything. This eye-opening documentary describes and synthesizes data on the historical and ongoing gender disparity in Hollywood, including the impact it has on young girls not seeing role models that look like them. Many well-known actresses, directors, and executives account their experiences navigating the media entertainment industry with the underrepresentation and misrepresentation of women.
Trailer for the documentary: This Changes Everything (2019) Official Trailer HD, Fathom Event Documentary Movie
Please follow this link to RSVP our International Women’s Day Event.
Celebrate Pride Month with the L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC) – Event 1
Understanding 2SLGBTQIA+ communities – and how to create Allyship!
- Online workshop presented by Jeremy Dias and the International Day of Pink–the day for queer and trans celebration, advocacy & education (see attached poster and bio).
- Join us for an educational conversation on the lived experience of members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities. Attendees will learn the history behind Pride, and what they can do to support queer and trans folks in their community.
- Date: June 1 – 6:30-8:30 pm EDT – on Zoom
- Fee: Free event – donations will be collect to support the International Day of Pink (Learn more at: dayofpink.org)
- Please register here and the Zoom information will be provided.
Celebrate Pride Month with the L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC) – Event 2
Conservation Halton’s Pride in Nature
- Join the DISC members to celebrate the 2SLGBTQ+ community in Halton and surrounding area.
- Date: June 11 – 11 am to 8 pm – Area 8 (former Kelso Quarry), 5437 Steeles Ave W, Milton, ON L9T 2Y1
- To learn more and register: Pride in Nature — Conservation Halton.
- If you plan to join and would like to join us, send an email to Tyler, and we’ll keep you posted on our plans for the day.
Celebrate Pride Month with the L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC)! – Event 3
Social DISCourse – Don’t Say Gay – Join us as we talk about the impacts of the “Don’t say gay” law in Florida and its repercussions across the US.
Could this happen in Canada?