575 Bank St
Waterbury, CT 06708
Join us for an engaging talk, good eats and fine brew at the next Ottawa Pub Night. We will host a Student Spotlight at which five current graduate students will compete for the best presentation on
their research topic. Socializing, food and drink orders begin at 5:00 pm, the talks begins at 6:00 pm.
The five presenters are:
1. Amber Dyck – Effects of ditch management in agroecosystems: from water quality to tadpole health
2. Julie Cox – The development and preliminary validation of an in vitro mutagenicity assay based on MutaMouse primary hepatocytes
3. Cynthia Cheney – Paleoecotoxicology: the application of novel tools to assess the toxicity of historically contaminated lake sediments
4. Tasnia Sharin – 3D-Cultured avian cells for chemical screening: metabolic and gene expression profiles of the LMH cell line
5. Sue Zhang – Naphthenic acids disrupt courtship behaviours in the western clawed frog (Silurana (Xenopus) tropicalis)
When: Wednesday, March 27 from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. (Note the extended time)
Location: Clock Tower Brew Pub, 575 Bank Street, Ottawa
Cost: $1 members, $3 non-members
Please see attached poster and abstracts for more information.
We look forward to seeing you there!
L-SETAC Ottawa Pub Night Committee
Looking for other science events in Ottawa?