Join the L-SETAC Diversity in Science Committee (DISC) to celebrate Pride Month!
- June 1, 6:30-8:30 pm: Understanding 2SLGBTQIA+ communities – and how to create Allyship! – workshop presented by Jeremy Dias and the International Day of Pink–the day for queer and trans celebration, advocacy & education. (see attached poster and bio).
- Join us for a conversation on 2SLGBTQIA+ communities. Attendees will learn about queer and trans communities, some history behind Pride, and what you can do to support queer and trans folks in your community.
- Fee: Free event – donations will be collect to support the International Day of Pink (Learn more at: dayofpink.org)
- Please register here.
- June 11 – Conservation Halton’s Pride in Nature event, Area 8 (former Kelso Quarry): Join the DISC members to celebrate the 2SLGBTQ+ community in Halton and surrounding area.
- June 22, 6:30-8:30 pm: Social DISCourse: Don’t say gay – join us as we talk about the impacts of the “Don’t say gay” law in Florida and its repercussions across the US. Could this happen in Canada? Please register here.