OMG! The Laurentian SETAC and SETAC Prairie Northern Chapter Joint Annual General Meeting (AGM) & Conference is tomorrow (Monday June 14th)!
Thank you for registering, we cannot wait to see you for what is sure to be an in-tox-icating time.
Some key details to remember:
- There will be virtual presentations online throughout the week! Check out the videos and support the research of the hard working SETAC PNC and L-SETAC chapter members.
- There will be a virtual Twitter Research Competition throughout the week! Look for the hashtag, #LaurentianPrairieResearch on Twitter and show your support through likes and retweets.
- All times are in Eastern Daylight Time unless otherwise specified
- Our Monday Plenary speaker is Gail Krantzberg, PhD (McMaster University) “Great Lakes Great Responsibility”
- Our Tuesday Plenary speaker is Chris McLaughlin, PhD (BARC) “Challenges in communicating progress: environmental quality and community engagement in Hamilton Harbour”
- Thursday is the AGM Short Course Science Communication for Scientists and SciComm Clinic hosted by the talented Brittney G. Borowiec, PhD. If you have registered for the short course but have not received your connection information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- For the Thursday evening virtual social we will be meeting on Gather.town (please disregard the zoom link circulated in earlier communications). This platform will allow socializing and networking in a more real world way. Detailed instructions to follow.
- Join us Friday for Research Discussion Sessions, AGM Student Award Presentations & Closing Remarks.
Last but certainly not least, this event would not have been possible without the support of our generous sponsors:
- University of Saskatchewan Global Institute for Water Security
- University of Manitoba Clayton H. Riddell Faculty of Environment, Earth, and Resources
- Loligo Systems
- IISD Experimental Lakes Area
- Hutchinson Environmental Sciences Limited
- Thermo Fisher Scientifc
- Avantor delivered by VWR
We hope you had a relaxing weekend and rested for what is sure to be an exciting week ahead!
Laurentian SETAC and SETAC Prairie Northern Chapter