Greetings Laurentian SETAC,
Join us for our first L-SETAC Virtual Student Event!
This year, our Best Presentation Awards are going virtual! The top two presenters will win a free registration to the SETAC North America Virtual Meeting (SCICON2, formerly known as SETAC NA, Fort Worth, TEXAS), and a one year SETAC NA student membership. Please RSVP to email@example.com to receive the Zoom meeting link and password.
Claire Bottini, University of Western Ontario
Knowledge of molt sequence is key to linking feather mercury with environmental exposure in songbirds
Noa Gang, Carleton University
The relationship between dioxin exposure and adult-onset diabetes
Sarah Wallace, Institut national de la recherche scientifique
Identifying molecular biomarkers of exposure and effects in embryonic birds exposed in ovo to diluted bitumen
Jasmine Yu, University of Toronto
A review of microplastics categorization schemes to facilitate source apportionment: Implications for North American freshwaters
Jonathan Blumenthal, University of Toronto
Stockholm Convention National Implementation Plans suggest global PCB elimination unlikely by 2028
Title: L-SETAC Virtual Student Event
Speaker: Students whose area of research focuses on Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
When: Wednesday, September 9th, 2020, 6:30-8:15 pm EST
Where: ONLINE via Zoom!
Cost: Free! But please consider donating to the Laurentian SETAC student fund.
RSVP: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the meeting link and password.
– Project must be in an area of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
– Students must be (or become) a member of Laurentian SETAC prior to abstract submission.
– Students must be enrolled at, or have conducted their research at, a post-secondary institution within the L-SETAC geographic area
– Winning students will become SETAC North America members (prize includes one-year membership)
– Winning students are expected to present their research at the SETAC North America SCICOM meeting
How to submit your abstract:
– Submit your abstract by August 31 2020, at midnight EST.
– Please follow the guidelines in the abstract outline.